Welcome to North Pole, Alaska!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

March is here :-)

What a great weekend we had! It was the perfect balance of socializing with friends and relaxing at home. On Friday night we celebrated a friend's birthday, Stefanie, with her and her husband and another couple (friends too!) at a local Mexican restaurant. Although the menu read "Tex Mex" my tostada supreme was delicious and I would put it up against El Rodeo's tostada any day (for all of us from Camp Hill). If you are guessing what Andrew had...TACOS of course, his favorite! The food was good but the company was even better! It was a great way to wind down from the week and we shared many good stories and laughs. Andrew even managed to squeeze out a few impersonations...whether our friends were laughing with him or at him, we will just have to wait and see if we have friends in the weeks to come!

After a much-needed sleeping in on Saturday, Andrew and I were out the door and ready to take on the world by 10:00. We ran a few errands, and then ventured to Bruegger's Bagels for a light lunch! Yes...one of the three chain restaurant-like establishments that is within a 300 mile radius of us (Chilis and Starbucks being the other two...not including the typical fast food joints). We then met up with Stefanie and her husband. We, the ladies, headed out on a mission to find baby items, while the men took on the task of searching for a shotgun for Andrew's hunting adventures...hmmm, scary isn't it? Stefanie is due in June and they are expecting a boy-their first! It is very exciting to be Stefanie's pregnancy cheerleader (hope she isn't weirded out by that!)...her and her husband are great people and they will be wonderful parents! I've already given Stefanie the "I love to babysit talk" so we'll just have to see how they feel about Andrew helping with the babysitting duties ;-) No children for us in the near (aka four or five years) future so we can hope to vicariously live through our friends' parenthood in the meantime!

Saturday evening brought us to another friends home, enjoying an Italian dinner of salad, cheesy pesto garlic bread (my creation), and lasagna. We then chatted among cocktails and headed to a local bar to see Hell's Belles, an AC/DC cover band consisting of a group of untamed women from Texas and Washington. Andrew of course donned his one of many AC/DC screen printed shirts as I decided to rock a heavy-metal looking necklace (compliments of The Limited from my mom). Although I found myself ad libbing lyrics like usual, Andrew made up for my poor performance by singing the lyrics to near perfection. The show was packed and we were near center stage. Great concert for a below 0 night!


Today, Sunday, consisted of cleaning, organizing, and the various odds and ends that needed to be done at home. I bribed Andrew to join me on a trip to Sam's Club, the magical promise being a trip to McDonalds after the shopping trip! Although I am not a big fast food person, crispy chicken nuggets and salty french fries are always appealing once I step through those Golden Arches. Nonetheless, it was a filling dinner, and we ventured home to continue with the odds and ends awaiting us. As I type, Andrew and I are watching (I am listening) to the movie, Immortal Beloved...it chronicles the life of Beethoven and I will say, it is a good movie. Andrew is up at 4:45 tomorrow and I will be up at 6:00 so it is time to hit the hay! I can't wait to blog about our newest life endeavor for the summer months...coming tomorrow night (Alaska time!). Until then, have a Happy Monday and a Wonderful March 1st! Spring will soon show (on the East Coast) and 30 degree weather will soon arrive (for us living nowhere near the epicenter of North America)! But we do love it :-)

I also learned how to change my background and I love it...hope you all do too! More aesthetically pleasing to the eyes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment